Want to know more about
the great hobby of Fish Keeping
Then you should join other enthusiasts at -
Queensland Aquarium Hobbyists Inc.
We meet on the 4th Friday of every second month (starting with January) under
the W.D. Williamson Pavilion at the Caboolture Show Grounds Beerburrum Rd
Caboolture starting at 7:30pm.
Queensland Aquarium Hobbyists meetings,
We have guest speakers talking on a wide range of topics including, how to keep
particular species of fish, showing fish, general maintenance, setup of tanks,
aquarium husbandry and other fish related topics.
Meetings also consist of a combination
of the following: presentations by club members, Fish of Month talks, Spawning’s,
Losses and Acquisitions, Slide shows, Videos, hands-on workshops and because
the club considers the social part of the club to be very important plenty of
time to just sit and chat.
enthusiasts with a common passion we can learn from each other’s experiences
whether it be optimally maintaining a single tank or breeding that difficult to
Members come from all walks of life and meet in a social atmosphere to
enhance their own knowledge and have a bit of fun. You never know when you will
meet that person that has a key piece of information that can help you.
Every Second month instead of a meeting we
have workshops, collecting trips or other social outings. We also hold other
events such as: Aquarium & Fish Shows, Camping weekends and Auctions.
Next Q.A.H. Inc. Meeting
FRIDAY 24th MAY 2013
Meeting starts 7.30pm
Under the W.D. Williamson Pavilion
Caboolture Show Grounds
This month we will have the regular, Fish of the Month and Spawning’s, Losses
as well as guest speaker Peter Johnson who will be talking about plants and how he grows them.
We will also be having a discussion on how to set up display tanks for shows and we are trying to get Steve Baines to come along for this.
The next Event isCaboolture Show 2013June 7th - 9thSection 19 Aquarium Competition CLASSES
1. Betta Splendens – School Grooming Challenge 16. Catfish
2. Betta Splendens – Vieltail 17. African and Asian Cichlids
3. Betta Splendens – Crowntail 18. American Cichlids
4. Betta Splendens – Halfmoon 19. Any Other Variety tropical fish
5. Betta Splendens – Doubletail 20. Novice (open to exhibitors who have never won a prize)
6. Betta Splendens – Plakat 21. Community Tank. Animals that live together in harmony.
7. Betta Splendens – Female Preferences given to communities from the same geographical habitat
8. Betta Splendens – Any Other Variety 22. Planted Aquarium Nothing artificial allowed in tank.
9. Wild Betta (all non Splendens species) 23. Furnished Aquarium
10. Australian Native Rainbows and Sunfish 24. Design & Technique
11. Any other variety of Native Fish 25. Design & Technique Invitational
12. Goldfish 26. Children’s Exhibit (5 to 16years)
13. Livebearers 27. Novelty
14. Anabandits (other than Bettas) 28. Large Fish (Tank Busters)
15. Tetras, Rasboras, Danios 29. Marine
Entry fee is $2.00
per nominated entry.Entries close at 10pm Friday 24th May 2013,
late entries may not be accepted due to space.
ENTRY FORM available if you email email@example.com
For any queries concerning classes and conditions contact either ;
the Chief Steward, Cary Bielenberg on 0407 572 253, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Graeme Day on 0402 841 627, email email@example.com
Also alternately check out the post under General Discussion on the QAH Forum.PRIZES AND AWARDS
Best Display of Show $150, trophy and certificate
Champion Tropical (Classes 13 to 16 & 20) $50, trophy and certificate
Champion Cichlid (Classes 17, 18 & 20) $50, trophy and certificate
Champion AOV (Classes 10, 11, 12, 19, 20 &29) $50, trophy and certificate
Champion Betta (Classes 2 to 9) $50, trophy and certificateSpecial Trophies;
Class 1 – School Grooming Challenge
Class 25 – Design & Technique InvitationalClasses Prizes (excluding 1 & 25)
1st Place $25 and certificate
2nd Place $15 and certificate
3rd Place $5 and certificateOur next Auction is;
QUEENSLAND AQUARIUM HOBBYISTS AUCTION
FISH IN FROM 3.30PM
CABOOLTURE HIGH SCHOOL HALL
OUR CLUB SPONSORS
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Queensland Aquarium Hobbyist Inc. © 2012